Throwback Thursday/Flashback Friday Challenge ^-^
1. What year were you born? Post a throwback/flashback picture
2. What was the biggest dance craze back in your day?
3. Do you still own any VHS tapes or cassette tapes?
4. List 5 your favorite past childhood TV show.
5. What did you want to be when you grow up? Are you the person you’ve wanted to be?
6. What were your favorite toys to play with?
7. What do you wish were still around today? (Food brand, gadgets, etc)
8. What was the one song you loved listening growing up?
9. Are there any special things you’ve kept from when you were a child?
10. Your thoughts about today’s generation versus your generation.
obviously i'm NOT going to just openly say which year i was born because that would completely break most of the privacy rules i've already broken (i.e. showing my face on the internet) so i'm not going into that private of a degree. anywhos, here is my baby picture feat. my big brother : )
the biggest dance craze back in my day was probably YMCA. that's all i can think of. if you're dancing to it everyday in preschool/kindergarten for three years, that's got to be a craze.
OF COURSE my family has VHS tapes AND cassette tapes. we were the family video family. cassette tapes of church preaching/messages/sharing and piano recitals and violin recitals, video tapes of EVERY LIFE EVENT. my mom video recorded me getting potty-trained. like what. but yeah we need to burn those into CD's...not just burn them lol :P
i liked teletubbies, pokemon, doraemon, blue's clues, and barney. so yeah here we go awkward kiddie show pictures~
i wanted to be an artist.
i'd have to say i am the person i wanted to be. i wanted to be smart, nice, have a lot of friends, and healthy :D
i loved playing with legos...teletubby stuffed animals...i don't think anything specific. i was kind of the kid who was happy whatever you gave me to play with. i did like riding bikes and scooters a lot though.
oh man. i have no idea. most of the stuff from my childhood is actually still around. i'm really lucky for that. but i guess i wish chocolate and strawberry milk were the same prices and constant birthday parties. those were fun :)
i loved those songs that were always played in movies where the girl's looking out the window and the wind is blowing her hair. (this is what happens when you get dragged along to sending your brother off to junior high in the mornings...)
well my mom started (but never finished) a baby book i had. and i have like a bajillion things from school. even kindergarten. probably mostly photo albums and my stuffed animals though...:)
oh man i hate how technology is absorbing today's children. i didn't even know what email was till i was in...3rd grade? and touch-screen electronics? completely unheard of back then. at least i know what it's like to play outside and read books and run down the rows of library shelves...
so yeah i'm old lolz. eh. i should really get off the computer now. baiii